Come to DevCon 2017 and connect with other like-minded innovators, experts, and advocates from around the globe about all things FileMaker. Join over 1,500 FileMaker developers in Phoenix, Arizona from July 24-27, 2017 and take the first steps to achieving your business goals.
iSolutions will have two speakers on the schedule for the 2017 DEVCON. Cris Ippolite and Lui de la Parra will be presenting a total of three sessions this year:
“PREPARING FOR FILEMAKER CERTIFICATION” with Cris Ippolite
Preparing for the FileMaker Certification exam doesn’t stop with just taking a FileMaker Training Series class. This session will review all the resources available to those who wish to properly prepare for the exam. Recommended reading and additional study guides will be reviewed as well as a discussion on how and where to take the exam. This session will introduce attendees to the “next steps” for preparing for certification and will point to specific resources and tips. Attendees will also have time to ask questions about FileMaker Certification. (Lunch will be provided.)
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Anyone interested in FileMaker Certification
PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGIES
- FileMaker Pro
- FileMaker Go
- FileMaker Server
- FileMaker WebDirect
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Exam logistics
- How the exam process works
- Additional resources for preparing for the exam
- Next steps for becoming certified
TRAINING DAY: FileMaker Training Series: Intermediate Training w/ Cris Ippolite
This training session provides high-level discussions of important intermediate concepts needed to create rich functionality in your custom apps. These include creating complex relationships, reporting, integrating with other data sources, securing your custom apps, and deploying your custom apps with a focus on best practices. Lunch will be served at 12 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Know how to create relationships, calculations, and layouts in FileMaker Pro.
- Working with Complex Relationships (Self-Join, Drill-Down Relationships, Related Fields in Calculations)
- Layout Tools (Inspector, Visibility, Conditional Formatting, Field Control and Value Lists, iOS Touch Controls, Popovers, Buttons and Button Bars)
- Calculations (Calculated Replace, Auto-Enter Calculations, IF and CASE examples, Aggregate Functions)
- Scripts (Script Triggers, User Interaction, Parameters, Variables, New Windows, Looping Scripts)
“FileMaker and Node.js Real Time Communication” with Lui de la Parra
The integration of FileMaker and Node.js can create real time communication between multiple clients and a server.
- Exploring Node.js and the NPM module system
- Scaffold out a Node socket and API server
- Explore HTTP Methods