Today FileMaker, Inc announced the new FileMaker 12 Training Series Curriculum. The FileMaker Training Series is the official training curriculum from FileMaker, Inc. It offers a series of self-paced training modules designed to help you master the essentials of FileMaker solution development.
iSolutions is proud to announce a FileMaker 12 Training Series class open to the public in Los Angeles the week of July 30th- Aug 3.
The class will be taught by Cris Ippolite from iSolutions. This is the second FileMaker 12 class since the launch as the first class sold out within a week.
Email email@example.com for details and to hold a spot.
1. Using FileMaker Pro: Approach FileMaker Pro 12 from the perspective of users: learn techniques for working with FileMaker data, performing Quick Finds, saving Find requests, printing and exporting, setting up recurring imports, and accessing features for working with email, Adobe® PDF, and Microsoft® Excel documents.
2. Working with Fields: Learn practical skills required to define FileMaker Pro 12 data tables and fields. This module explores data types and options for auto-entry, validation, and field storage. Discover how to manage images and other objects in container fields.
3. Data Modeling: Learn how to construct different types of data relationships, ensure data integrity, and implement multiple-table solutions. This module also covers lessons in building layouts using related data fields and portals.
4. Working with Layouts: Discover tools and techniques for creating layouts in FileMaker Pro 12, including Layout themes, object states, the Inspector tool palette, conditional formatting, auto-resize, Web Viewers, portals, and tab controls. Learn how to organize layouts into groups and how to set Script Trigger options. Understand how to create and use static, dynamic, and relational value lists.
5. Calculation Functions: Learn how functions work in the calculation engine in FileMaker Pro 12 and how to apply them in various contexts. Study how custom functions are built and how to use them in database solutions.
6. Scripts: Explore the Script Trigger features of FileMaker Pro 12, as well as best practices for writing scripts. Learn how to build navigation and window controls, and study logical branching and looping routines.
7. Reporting: Practice creating reports in FileMaker Pro 12 using a variety of techniques. Explore sub-summary reports that group information by break fields. Work with the charting features of FileMaker Pro 12. Learn how to build a cross-tab report (with data-driven columns) and an HTML report that is displayed via the Web Viewer object.
8. Security: Study the account-based security features of FileMaker Pro 12, and learn how to implement privilege sets, tie access to database solutions to external authentication servers, control both access and authoring rights to systems, and extend security controls with scripting.
9. Intermediate & Advanced Techniques: Explore how to implement custom menu sets in FileMaker Pro 12. Learn advanced techniques with portals, including portal sorting and dynamically controlling the contents with a portal with a filter. Learn how to install plug-ins from container fields, and work with the Database Design Report in FileMaker Pro Advanced.
10. FileMaker Server: Learn the best practices for setting up and maintaining FileMaker Server 12 and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced. Understand how and why to use server-side scripts. Review hardware and networking requirements, learn proper backup routines, and be trained in configuration processes.
11. Connectivity: Learn how to integrate FileMaker 12 with SQL systems, both through ODBC connections and with the External SQL Data Source capabilities. Review configuration processes and learn to use other data systems in tandem with your FileMaker Pro databases.
12. Web Publishing: Understand the capabilities of both Instant Web Publishing (IWP) and Custom Web Publishing in FileMaker Pro 12 and learn how to develop solutions to publish via the web. Gain hands-on experience with IWP.
13. FileMaker Go: Become familiar with the FileMaker Go application environment for iPhone and iPad. Examine the functionality offered to you through the menu commands, and learn the differences between FileMaker Go and FileMaker Pro. Understand tools and behaviors to start you on your way to building solid and stable mobile applications for the iPhone and iPad.