If you’re comfortable with the basics of FileMaker Pro, you’re ready to expand your skillset and tackle advanced FileMaker 16 development techniques. In this course, FileMaker database expert Cris Ippolite dives into advanced features that can help you take your custom apps to the next level.
Cris kicks off the course by exploring other uses of the calculation dialog, the concept of query relationships, and some advanced reporting tricks. He also discusses securing your custom apps and sharing some of them with FileMaker Server, making your custom apps communicate with other apps on iOS devices, and working with JSON. To wrap up, he takes you through some of the new features in FileMaker 16.
- Using calculations in field options
- Using multiple criteria in relationships
- Advanced reporting
- Securing your custom apps
- Sharing your apps with FileMaker Server
- Configuring FileMaker Server
- Performing scripts on FileMaker Server
- Deploying FileMaker WebDirect
- Integrating with non-FileMaker databases
- Communicating with iBeacons
- Working with JSON